Golden Square aims to be a safe, relaxed and friendly environment for all our guests. We would ask that all visitors abide by the Code of Conduct, detailed below, in the interests of everyone's enjoyment and wellbeing.
Code of Conduct
Golden Square consistently aims to maintain high standards and does not permit the following:
• Any intimidation of our guests by groups or individuals. All groups of more than five without the intention to shop will be asked to leave the centre. This applies to the entire Golden Square premises.
• Unsociable behaviour that is detrimental to the Golden Square environment.
• Pets, with the exception of assistance dogs.
• The wearing of any item of clothing which restricts the view of one's head/face (eg. hoods) with the exception of religious headwear.
Ensuring that our guests are free to shop and relax, Golden Square does not permit the following:
• Leafleting, canvassing or the conducting of third party interviews or surveys unless authorised by Golden Square Centre Management.
• Unauthorised busking or the selling of goods in the mall, Old Market Place or car parks.
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, Golden Square asks that visitors respect and show due consideration for the building, environment and users of this space by:
• Adhering to our no smoking policy within the mall.
• Keeping clear of all fire escapes except in an emergency.
• Not cycling, roller-blading, using micro-scooters or skating in the centre.
• Leaving clear the designated car park spaces for use by our disabled customers and family groups.
• Not climbing or sitting on any balustrade, barrier, fence or railing.
• No inappropriate use of customer lifts and escalators.
• No parking in the walkways, coloured or hatched areas by the entrances to the centre.
The following legal conditions must be adhered to:
• Alcohol is only to be consumed within premises that hold a relevant licence.
• Any act of vandalism towards property will be dealt with accordingly and the Police will always be informed.
• Clear access routes must be maintained for emergency services
We reserve the right to deny a person/persons from entering the property and has the right to escort them off the site. In addition to this, any person who persistently ignores any of the above or commits a crime will be excluded, for a time period to be determined by Golden Square Centre Management, from the centre.